This is STF3d with a new contribution to the Unreal 4 Marketplace.
Our as-of-yet biggest submission is designed to be a great time-saver for every indie developer and professional studio alike.
Our auto-generated LandscapePro Material was created over a process of more than 2 years. In this time, a lot of R&D was spent trying to find out the best techniques to create a Landscape Material that is both highly performant and beautiful to look at, while saving you as a developer huge amounts of time.
As you can see in our video, rocks will be drawn automatically without distortion and offer high detail due to the implementation of tessellation into the material. There is a total of 7 Landscape Layers included, each assisting you in the placement of different prop groups (plants, stones, rocks and other objects) across your landscape. We have also included trees with wind support, ground plants, ferns, grasses and water materials. LandscapePro is highly customizable, so you can feed your own content into it easily.
Considering all the hard work, we think it's a fair deal; we love video games - and we know how much it helps if you don't have to do every bit of the work all by yourself. Just focus on what you really want to do!
- Normal Maps no longer holding Roughness Maps in Alpha Channel; compression is now BC5 (HQ)
- Landscape Textures can now simply be edited via Drag and Drop into Material Instance.
- Every landscape layer is now available without meshes/plants/foliage
- Moss parallax shader for rocks fixed
- Drawcalls reduced by more than 50%, loading times drastically reduced
- Landscape Pro v2.0 added
- Landscape Pro performance +30%
- added non tesselated landscape material
- added full procedural foliage placement with collition
- Fixed LODs for all meshes
- Fixed overdraw for all meshes
- Fixed lightmaps for all meshes
- Grass with dirt
- Pure grass
- Wet Rocks
- A special rock layer for landscape slopes
- 26 Materials
- 86 Meshes
- 173 Textures
- 13 Material Functions
- 123 Material Instances
- 5 Texture Cubes (For TestMap)
- 2 Demonstration Levels
- Texture Sizes: 1024 to 4096
- Each Mesh comes with 2-3 LODs
- 7 Landscape Layers
- Fully auto-generated rock surfaces
Supported Development Platforms: PC
Supported Target Build Platforms: PC
Supported Engine Versions: 4.18 and 4.19 so far.